A marketing plan, can truly transform your business. At its smallest contribution, a marketing plan can start you thinking about aspects of your business that you hadn’t before. At its best, it will increase your sales, customer base and strengthen your brand.
Unfortunately, marketing planning as important as it is to your business, may get left by the wayside for one reason or another, usually lack of time. But as with anything, understanding that a little planning can actually help save you time, money and heartbreak, the marketing plan is an excellent way to decide on which direction you want to take your business, particularly with where you will spend your money with advertising and promotion.
So, why do we need a marketing plan, here are some of the reasons?
- Establish what economic and business environment you are experiencing.
- What opportunities and problems are you facing?
- What business objectives do you expect to achieve?
- Who are your customers?
- Why should they buy your product/service over others?
- How will you communicate your product/service to your customers?
- Who will do that and when?
- How are you going to measure your progress so you can learn from the experience?